1. Write the exact book that you yourself would be thrilled to read.
2. It is not going to come easily, by itself, without thought or effort.
3. It is not going to come whole and perfect first time. Expecting first time perfection only reduces the chance that anything will come at all. Duh.
4. Using wordcount as your only proof of progress – let alone as justification or otherwise for your existence – is always, always a mistake.
5. Frustration is the worst kind of prevarication. Other kinds only waste time; frustration can also destroy you.
6. See 1.